Product Strategy: Develop and implement pricing and positioning strategies for the designated product lines by evaluating competitive market conditions within industrial market segments. This includes assuming market leadership role in new product development process for products falling under assigned product segments.
Advertising & Communications: Increase customer awareness of company’s lines in accordance with the overall marketing strategy. Prepare global marketing campaigns to drive sales for the product lines. Prepare additional technical literature, provide leadership and coordination at selected trade shows, generate slide presentations and press releases etc. to promote products by working through outside agencies and the appropriate internal departments.
Product Sales & Support: Generate technical awareness in the appropriate departments to handle routine customer concerns. Respond directly to their non-routine technical and business questions. Support domestic and international sales through visits and regular communication. Train field sales representative to sell and support products within assigned market segments.
Assist with the forecasting process to provide a vital link between sales forecasts and production quantities. Liaise with production and purchasing to ensure that key materials are available. Monitor performance of product lines and groups for volume & profitability.
Communication: Keep all Sales and Marketing functions appraised at all times of new developments and opportunities as they arise.
Safety/Compliance: Work within safety, FDA, ISO 9001 requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry or equivalent. In- depth knowledge of life science research markets. 3-5 years experience in marketing and/or sales or relevant other experience within the life science field. Demonstrated success at building customer relationships and understanding customer needs. Past laboratory work highly desirable.
• In- depth knowledge of life science research markets
• Market awareness
• Product knowledge
• Forecasting capabilities
• Budgeting skills
• Strategic planning skills
• Pricing and positioning skills
• Strong internal/external communication skills
• Demonstrated skills in customer interactions